TWI, formed in 1946, is a world-leading not-for-profit research and technology organisation with a turnover in 2016 of £80m, from bases in the UK, South East Asia, India, the Middle East, Central Asia and the USA. Over 900 staff provide expertise in joining and fabrication, material science and structural integrity. Services include generic research; contract R&D; technical information; engineering services and advice; standards development; and training and qualification services.
The Integrity Management Technology Group is expanding due to significant growth; therefore, we are seeking a talented and experienced individual to join us in this fast-moving environment. This new role underpins and drives our technical excellence in an expanding market share.
Job description and role duties:
The Condition and Structural Health Monitoring Section (CSM) has grown its business by attracting funding through UK, Regional and EU projects and is now expanding to the regional office in Wales. CSM are seeking an Administrator to work on a range of projects. Applicants must be able to demonstrate good teamwork, initiative and self-motivation.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the team and wider Integrity Management Technology Group. The main duties will include:
- Formatting proposals, reports and presentations in line with TWI’s Corporate Style.
- Proof reading and checking consistency of documents.
- Maintenance of corporate prospects database.
- Arranging travel and meetings.
- Preparing agendas and minute taking.
- Maintaining information management systems.
- Taking customer calls and ensuring that incoming communications are responded to appropriately and promptly.
- Assuming responsibility for ensuring that all site safety documentation are completed before the commencement of on-site projects.
- Assisting in the review of current marketing material to identify gaps and co-ordinating the production of new material.
- Participating in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns for CSM projects.
Applicants must possess a strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have the ability to demonstrate an organised approach, prioritising incoming work to meet tight deadlines and internal and external customer requirements. In addition, you will be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint. A background in Administration would be highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be located at TWI offices with world-class facilities in Wales.