Employment Advisor - NEET
Standguide Ltd, an established and growing Recruitment and Skills Training Company delivering a range of SFA, DWP and Commercial contracts are looking for an experienced Careers Advisor to lead and motivate young adults into sustainable employment. The role will provide support to participants that volunteer to be part of the programme with a view to providing careers information, advice and guidance to participants who are unemployed and registered NEET. You will proactively work with participants across Sandwell, Dudley and Wolverhampton to ensure positive outcomes are achieved and that the programme is a huge success ensuring Standguide remains a recognised skills delivery partner of choice.
A key part of the role will be to link with local services and funding streams across contracts to offer the best experience to our participants and drive the reputation of Standguide.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Marketing the programme to Jobcentre Plus and other local agencies that work with the potentially hidden eligible participant group.
- Ensuring you recruit and attach your targeted number of new participants onto the programme each month.
- Complete a detailed and comprehensive initial assessment with all new participants to identify their barriers to gaining sustainable employment and the support they will need to get them back into work.
- Implement and follow a detailed SMART action plan with each participant attached to programme, adhering to all of the contract quality and compliance guidelines with 100% accuracy at all times.
- To improve the self-confidence of customers (by encouraging and valuing their contribution both collectively and individually), and establishing an atmosphere of trust and understanding.
- To actively deliver Job Search Skills on a one-to-one or small group basis, provide additional information and support on Job Search Skills including completion of C.V’s, interview techniques and help with completing application forms, all underpinned through careers advice.
- 'Skills for Life’ signposting to external support organisations.
- Ensure that all required evidence is collected from the progress achieved by the participants, and this evidence is retained in line with quality and compliance guidance.
- Ensure all required information for claims and compliance is recorded and submitted both accurately and timely.
- Be a meticulous record keeper, ensuring every progression step is agreed, documented, completed and signed as completed with the relevant evidences in place.
Equality & Diversity
Standguide Ltd is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for everyone and values the diversity of all its staff and customers. The Company welcomes individuals from local, regional and international communities. Standguide value difference and diversity and will strive to create positive working relationships so that everyone can work to the best of their abilities, free from discrimination, prejudice, harassment or victimisation. The Company recognises that everyone has a contribution to make and that services can be improved by harnessing the skills and contributions from customers, all sectors of the workforce and the community.
Successful candidates will be subject to references and DBS check.
Please see our website www.standguide.co.uk for the application form and job description to apply direct.
Candidates must have full access to a vehicle with valid business insurance.