Research Consultant (French OR Spanish)
My client provides some of the largest global financial services institutions with innovative, evidence-led insight and has been doing so for many years. They have a dedicated team focused on tracking and anticipating the competitor activities of their global clients. Using their commercial mind-set and creativity, they turn data into ready-to-use knowledge that informs, or transforms, their client’s marketing strategy.
This team is responsible for driving revenue through maintaining and building long-term relationships with their clients. At the end of all projects, their clients receive commercially robust, evidence-based deliverables to help them communicate plans clearly with their stakeholders.
They are now seeking an intelligent and driven Research Consultant with fluency in French and/or Spanish to carry out research and complement our set of team competencies.
Key elements of the role
• Use own initiative to proactively seek and develop understanding of the financial services industry through different data collection methods and interpret findings. Training will be provided to kick-start the process
• Utilise a combination of rigorous desk research and primary research skills, mainly semi-structured in-depth interviews via telephone with senior executives
• Able to identify and persuade busy and often reluctant executives to share information - candidates must be personable and confident
• Analyse and interpret qualitative information and numerical data through cross-checking to build strong and evidence-based recommendations and implications for their client
• Synthesise findings to prepare well-written, insightful and robust research reports using tools such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel
The successful candidate should have
• A 1st or 2:1 class degree and strong academics are essential. They are interested in both arts and science graduates, but a Business degree will be an advantage
• Complete fluency in English, French and/or Spanish
• An excellent communicator with an engaging telephone manner and experience conducting interviews for research or commercial purposes
• A demonstrable interest in financial services
• Ability to work in a demanding environment and to efficiently manage their own time
• Experience in creating compelling PowerPoint presentations and delivering them confidently
• Great attention to detail in their work, including precise and professional written English
• Working closely with a fast-paced but highly collaborative team, the Research Consultant must be driven but also diplomatic and able to work independently when required
What they offer
• A dynamic work environment within a diverse and passionate team
• A high level of responsibility and ownership of your work from early on
• Exposure to all stages of a project and client-facing opportunities
• Challenging work with blue-chip financial services clients globally
• Internal and external training on a range of professional skills courses
• A platform to contribute your own ideas from day one and progress quickly based on
• A mentor to guide you and help you grow
• Bonus, paid in January, dependent on company and individual performance
• A matched contribution pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Private medical and travel insurance
• Cycle to work scheme
This is an entry-level position, which offers the potential for rapid advancement into client-facing and project management positions.