My Client, a global leading Re Insurer are looking for a Software Engineer to work within their London based technology team.
- Help develop their Analytics and Risk platform
- Assist users by providing application support and acting as a local software development resource
- Participate remotely in regular scrums, code reviews and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering or have equivalent experience.
- Five years experience as a developer in a team environment, to provide referrals with strong evidence that you are a team player and to have experience working in agile methodologies.
- knowledge of application architecture; data structures and algorithms; object-oriented design and client/server architecture and SOA; standard configuration management processes and controls; and UI/UX design principles.
- Extensive practical experience with both Windows and Unix/Linux; working with different types of databases; writing unit and regression tests; and developing rich and interactive user interfaces using C++ and Qt.
- You must be dedicated to the craft of writing good code, which means being able to write readable, reliable code; having a keen attention to detail; being willing to review other's code and provide feedback; and adhering and contributing to internal coding and code-commenting standards.
- Be able to communicate effectively in person and in writing. Potential candidates will be invited to participate in technical interviews and software tests