The ProteusOne installation project in Newport, Wales is the 1st Proton Therapy Center in the United Kingdom. IBA has partnered with Proton Partners International, whose goal is to develop a network of PT centers in the UK and Middle East. The system consists of one SuperConductingSynchroCyclotron (S2C2) and a Compact Gantry.
You play a key role in our mission to treat cancer patients by joining IBA’s operation team.
As Operator/Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for the day-to-day running of the equipment, the preventative and corrective maintenance of IBA’s equipment and systems with the aim of delivering final reliable products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Operator/Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for:
- Handling first level of debugging based on investigation (logs, users interview, tests…)
- Realizing and Validating evolutions of the system according to R&D requirement
- Maintaining both mechanical and electrical equipment/systems according to maintenance schedules
- Testing equipment/systems according to the technical specifications
- Ensuring daily reports of activities, maintenance execution and incidents in the appropriate tools
- A bachelor degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or equivalent by experience
- Good knowledge of electricity, automation and regulation is an asset
- Excellent ability to understand complex system
- Good analytical skills to identify root cause of issues
- Experience in industrial or biomedical field is an asset
And you also are:
- Able to follow rules and regulations and to deliver on strict deadlines
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Rigorous, process oriented and stress resistant
- Able to work autonomously
- A flexible person, able to work on shifts (morning and afternoon shifts) and some weekends