Operations Coordinator & Facilities Assistant
Warwick Business School based at the Shard in London is looking for a Operations Coordinator & Facilities Assistant to start ASAP. Job purpose is to assist in the effective administration of programmes and processes for masters programmes and to provide a high quality service to all relevant stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide effective and comprehensive customer focused administrative support for masters programmes.
• Provide support and guidance for current students throughout the student lifecycle and through a variety of media (e.g. face to face, email, online, telephone).
• Assist in the maintenance of accurate records throughout the student life cycle through data held on customer relationship and management information systems, ensuring the timely provision of information to internal and external stakeholders as required.
• Assist in the organisation of a range of teaching events in the UK and overseas (including both face-to-face and online events).
• Provide administrative support for the assessment process, including providing assessments to students, processing submissions, liaison with markers, timely release of confirmed marks and feedback.
• Ensure that programme quality assurance processes are completed in a timely way, monitoring student attendance, collating and disseminating feedback and resolving or escalating any issues that arise, as appropriate.
• Coordinate and prepare purchase requisitions for payment authorisation, check and reconcile invoices and, where required, prepare payroll paperwork for fee payments.
• Participate in internal and public events (e.g. recruitment events, teaching events, graduation, WBS Forum).
• Provide flexible support for related teams as required.
Skills and experience
• Educated to GCSE or equivalent;
• Experience of working in an administrative environment;
• Experience of maintaining electronic records on a management information system;
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and with attention to detail;
• Ability to work to deadlines;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills through a range of relevant media (e.g. face to face, email, telephone);
• Proficient IT skills including word processing, databases, spread sheets and presentation software;
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a flexible team environment.
• Educated to A level;
• Customer Service NVQ Level II/III;
• Experience of working within a HE environment.
The Shard, London
This role (to start ASAP) will be offered as a temporary contract for 9 months with the possibility of an extension.
Please note that involvement in service delivery to stakeholders will require some flexibility in working hours (with advance notice). You will be required to work 5 over 7 days in a week, and working to support evening & weekend events will form part of your normal working week.