Director of Market Research
Director of Market Research
London or Edinburgh
£90,000 - £110,000 DOE
Whether it’s ultra-fast broadband, the internet of things or the next generation of mobile, this is one of the most exciting times to be involved with communications in the UK.
As the UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom is at the heart of a sector which not only impacts on everyone’s lives but also plays a leading role in the UK economy. Ofcom exists to make communications markets work for everyone. Markets work well for consumers when providers compete to provide choice and innovative services, at prices that consumers are willing to pay. In order for consumers to gain the benefits of competition they need to be able to exercise informed choice.
The Market Research team are responsible for providing a deep understanding of consumers and citizens in the markets we regulate. Market Research is essential to Ofcom's role as an evidence-based regulator. Our research informs strategic, policy, and operational decisions. Our market research projects cover a wide range of topics and methodologies and we collaborate with independent research agencies to conduct primary research, using quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
As Director of Market Research, you will be accountable for developing and delivering our research programme, leading a team of around 20 colleagues who are committed to working together to conduct high quality research that makes a real difference to consumers and to our stakeholders.
This is a highly influential role with responsibility for £6m budget and a team of 20 researchers.
The key objectives of the role are to provide Ofcom with high quality, appropriate and timely insights through consumer-focused research, ongoing monitoring and interpretation of market developments and industry trends.
- An experienced market research professional, with strong technical research and people management skills
- Strong team leader, ability to coach and mentor team
- Extensive quantitative research experience, preferably gained in a large agency environment
- Experience of the role and application of qualitative research
- Proven experience working with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to interpret data and apply findings to policy issues
- Experience of planning/resource allocation and budget management
- Experience of implementing and maintaining quality standards and ensuring methodological rigour
- Relevant sector experience - telecoms, tv, radio, post or internet
Ofcom offers competitive salaries plus pensions and flexible benefits package.
We recognise that not everyone has the same needs and we strive to offer flexible working arrangements to help manage work and personal commitments. We have family friendly policies that actively seek to support our colleagues and enable our teams to work in the most effective way.
The closing date for applications is the 28th January 2018.
To apply for the role of Director of Market Research, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Director of Market Research, Head of Market Research, Market Research Director, Head of Broadcasting Research, Research Programme Director, Market Research, Marketing Intelligence.