Join our Reward & Systems team at our Head Office in York as an Interim Payroll Manager. This is a temporary role covering maternity leave from April 2018.
As an Interim Payroll Manager you will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, accurate, timely and compliant payroll service and the delivery of payroll projects and development.
Is this role for me?
We’re looking for someone with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with experience of using multiple HR and payroll systems.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of HMRC, tax, NI, expenses and benefits, statutory payment legislation including monthly and year end returns
- Proven experience running or supervising a complex weekly and/or monthly payroll system, including knowledge of all calculations required for, for example, maternity, paternity, sickness, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of employment legislation.
- Previous experience in producing financial and management reports, statistical information and analysis
- Strong people management experience
- Payroll qualification and significant payroll experience
Knowledge of CoreHR systems and experience of non-UK payroll would be desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Discounted cycles and shopping Vouchers
- 24 days holiday
- Full time employees can buy up to 5 days holiday
- 1 day paid volunteering
What are the key duties?
- Manage of all UK payroll related functions and be responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive and compliant payroll service for the company (7 payrolls, 1400 weekly/monthly employees)
- Continuously review, develop and document payroll processes to achieve optimum efficiency, data accuracy and data quality.
- Train and develop the team on how to use appropriate systems.
- Contribute to the implementation of a new HR and payroll system covering all UK payroll processes (supplier selected is CoreHR).
- Maintain knowledge of legislative changes in payroll and make recommendations on impact
- Contribute to the implementation of our people, reward and systems vision and strategy
- Take responsibility for seeing payroll projects through to completion with little or no daily oversight, taking account of the impact on the HR department and wider business.
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.