White City - Operations Manager
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
As an Operations Manager in a ‘Flagship’ environment, you will be responsible for ensuring that all operational procedures are followed in the store and all stock movement in and out of stockrooms is managed effectively. In this role, you will:
- Deliver all operational aspects of the store – You will manage the stockrooms, remote storage, containers and back of house areas, ensuring they are maintained to a high standard in accordance with company guidelines. You will liaise with your Store Manager to ensure we have the right capacity across these areas and will be responsible for all stock management. You will ensure deliveries are processed in accordance with company timescales by driving the productivity of your team. You will manage replenishment, ensuring the team are trained to analyse reports to carry this out effectively.
- You will conduct daily floor walks of stockrooms, remote storage, containers and back of house areas, delegating tasks and agreeing priorities with your dedicated team of Sales Manager Operations and Operations Sales Advisors.
- You will oversee the Health & Safety requirements for the store, taking responsibility for Fire, Health & Safety in the event of an emergency. You will also ensure daily, weekly & monthly Fire, Health & Safety checks are carried out and concerns escalated to the Store Manager. You will also be responsible for overseeing any maintenance logs that arise. In doing this, you will provide a safe environment for our staff and customers.
- You will oversee Loss Prevention requirements for the store. You will also be responsible for protecting profit, ensuring stock management and transfers are actioned correctly & engaging the team to deter theft through service. You will provide support for the planning and implementation of stocktakes.
- You will ensure sale launch is managed effectively throughout the stockrooms.In this role, you will also need to be flexible to support in driving sales & maximising profit. You will also connect with our customers.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING…
… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for! For this role, you will:
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Be a great communicator and be able to engage your team
- Have good leadership skills
- Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
- Have good planning and organising skills
- Have a proven track record of decreasing stock loss within your store
- Ideally have experience in managing a remote/off site stockroom
- Have experience in managing a large team within a high turnover environment
- Have previous experience at Sales Manager Level
- You may also be a medium store/deputy manager looking to move into a larger turnover environment
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…
… and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our retail managers:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Uniform Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Up to 28 days holiday*
- Private healthcare*
IT NEVER GET’S BORING…
As a business, we are focused on the progression of our retail teams! When you join the business, you will spend your induction period in one our stores specifically designed to induct new managers into the business. Covering all you will need to know before going into your base store, you will connect with fellow managers and discover what makes our stores successful!
We offer on-going training and development by running workshops throughout the year, covering different areas from Commercial Awareness to Performance Management, helping you develop your skill set as a River Island manager. We also have fantastic area managers who you will work alongside, many of whom have progressed from store themselves. What better way to learn & develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of fashion retailing experience, River Island is one of the most successful companies on the high street. By joining River Island, you will be part of business boasting nearly 300 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally throughout Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
We are always looking for ambitious individuals who will thrive from working in a fast paced, creative and vibrant business. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!