Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist
About The Facility
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics and acute neurological rehabilitation.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist to join our Cardiology department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. As a Cardiac Physiologist, you will provide highly specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac physiological investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cardiology department.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week), permanent post which includes an on-call rota.
The projected salary range is £46,000 - £49,900 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide range of standard and complex or advanced procedures as requested by the clinician in at least three fields of Technical Cardiology e.g. Catheter Lab, Pacing & Defib, EP, Echo, Stress testing and ambulatory monitoring and be involved in patient preparation for these tests.
- To provide managerial and administrative support to the Principal Clinical Cardiac Physiologist and Cardiology Services Manager and assist in managing the technical resource efficiently and effectively, ensuring the smooth running of a quality invasive and non-invasive service to cardiac patients.
- Analyse and interpret real time results, which may be complex and either urgent or routine in nature.
- Perform other provocative procedures as instructed by the clinician such as injection of contrast medium during echocardiography, VF induction during ICD implantation, intra cardiac pacing and ablation.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced Cardiac Physiologist (RCCP registered).
- You will have a broad knowledge base and experience in all areas of cardiac physiology and advanced or specialist knowledge in at least 2 eg: Echocardiography, Electrophysiology, Cardiac rhythm management, Cath lab intervention, Stress testing and ambulatory monitoring.
- Experience of working within a cardiology unit with the ability to perform a wide range of cardiology testing including Echo tests, catheter Lab, EP and stress testing.
- Hospital experience working within invasive and non-invasive physiology is advantageous.
- Professional qualifications in HRUK, NASPE, BSE advantageous.
- Ability to recognise clinical problems early and report/take appropriate action.
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the cutting edge of private healthcare with world class specialists at the height of their careers.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!