Transactional Services Manager
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of shaping a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We’ve created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around a Challenger Leadership style and a Shared Enterprise model.
As a manager with TAS, you must be capable of handling transactions with minimal involvement of a partner; must interface with client management, financiers and other professionals; know when to seek advice from other specialists and partners and demonstrate commercial ability.
- Demonstrates good commercial thinking to understand the client and the business issues.
- Takes an active part in networking events and undertakes a direct approach to target.
- Aims to build a personal network from which to generate leads.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and takes an active role in cross selling.
- Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries.
- Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches and drafting proposals.
- Takes a second level client relationship position behind associate director / partner and can fill in for an associate director as primary contact whilst they are absent.
- Understands the perspective of different clients on the same job.
- Engenders trust and respect from a range of clients by responding to client demands and keeping clients up to date on progress.
- Resolves and identifies risk management issues and applies knowledge to manage site issues.
- Mitigates risk through review and involvement of senior people and other specialists.
- Ensures CF work is completed prior to associate director/director review prior to submission.
- Capable of writing high quality, professionally presented reports, requiring minimal input from an associate directors.
- Demonstrates an understanding of technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice when appropriate
- Ensures overall team follows Core Product methodology.
- Drafts fee estimates and budgets for submission to an associate director.
- Participates in the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
- Monitors and manages assignment costs versus budgets, including challenging staff time charged to other departments outside of Transactions Services.
- Actively seeks opportunities to attend training courses to develop technical and softer skills.
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self-development through the appraisal and PDP processes.
- Reviews work afterwards for learning points.
- Coaches executives and assistant Managers and provides on the job feedback.
Operations and results
- Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and can make and justify any required changes to these as the assignment progresses.
- Ensures assignments are delivered to budget and that any variances are escalated at an early stage.
- Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in Transaction Advisory ideally in the financial services sector or professional services
- Managerial experience
- Some experience of client facing work in relevant industry sectors
- Experience of applying commercial judgement
- Developing experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Developing ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing reports
- Good working knowledge of MS Powepoint, Excel & Word, internet and email
Grant Thornton is one of the world's leading providers of independent assurance, tax and advisory services. Over 40,000 Grant Thornton people, across 130 countries, are focused on making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which we live and work.
We are committed to creating a working environment where all colleagues are treated equally, where differences are understood and respected, and everyone feels valued and able to perform at their best. This is our aspiration.
At Grant Thornton we pride ourselves on the professional standards we expect of our people. We begin setting these standards with our recruitment process where we include rigorous background checks on the people who accept a job offer from us. If we make you an offer you will be contacted directly to give your authorisation for these. Your start date will be dependent on the successful completion of these checks