Technical Support - Helpdesk
We are pleased to be recruiting for a well-established business based in Hemel Hempstead. Our client is looking for a candidate to work within their Technical Support - Helpdesk Team. Within this role you will provide technical support to clients and internal colleagues acting as 1st and 2nd line support for all technical enquiries. This is an exciting time to join this growing business so if you have the right experience for this position, please do get in touch to find out more.
- To work with the customer support team in logging and responding to calls from customers and field engineers to provide the most appropriate solution.
- Supporting users at all levels in our client organisations and engineering teams, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and a professional, courteous manner.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line telephone and remote support
- Configuring new local servers, networking equipment and remote configuration
- Where immediate solutions are not available, work with the customer support team, engineering and development teams in defining the nature of the problem and designing an appropriate solution.
- To support the development team by assisting with testing of new software releases and checking the resulting outputs with the original specification.
- To act on instruction and carry out service related activities in line with the departmental policies and procedures.
- To act as the central contact point for all service based enquiries.
- On call rota to provide technical support out of hours. (Paid allowance).
- Computer literate with experience using LINUX, MS Office and Excel
- Good understanding of configuring networks
- Experience of working within a support desk role
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong self-management skills and able to co-ordinate your own work load efficiently.
- Work well as part of a team and on your own.
- Work well under pressure in a methodical way.
- Take a hands-on approach and happy to turn your hand to anything
- Clean driving licence
Looking for the next step in your career? Think Specialist Recruitment.
Think Specialist Recruitment is an independent support staff recruitment agency based in Hemel Hempstead and working across the Herts, Beds and Bucks area. We specialise in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment with areas of expertise including: administration, customer service/call centre, PA/secretarial, human resources, accountancy and finance, sales admin/sales support, marketing and IT Helpdesk/IT support