Teacher of Art - Maternity Cover
Teacher of Art required - February 2018 - maternity cover - High Wycombe, Bucks
Teacher of Art (maternity cover)
Required for February 2018
St Michael's Catholic School in High Wycombe, Bucks, is a successful, highly regarded and popular all through school, educating pupils from 3 to 19 years of age.
We are looking for an excellent Art teacher with a commitment to creative and engaging teaching to join us for February 2018 whilst our Head of Department takes a period of maternity leave.
The ability to offer Textiles as an additional subject would be advantageous, but is certainly not essential.
It is a very exciting time to join St. Michael's; pupil numbers continue to increase and our newly extended school buildings offer excellent facilities. As the only through school in the Northamptonshire Dioceses and the only Catholic secondary provision in Buckinghamshire, we are a unique place to work.
* A high performing Art department who are a collaborative working team.
* First rate professional development.
* An opportunity to be part of an exceptional, fast developing organisation.
* Superb support from a successful, highly strategic Leadership Team
* The opportunity to work at a unique through school from Nursery to Sixth Form.
The successful candidate will:
* Be a highly motivated and astute teacher.
* Be an outstanding practitioner of Art and an inspirational teacher.
* Have in-depth subject knowledge.
* Show an excellent commitment to raising attainment through extra-curricular activities.
* Have energy, enthusiasm, creativity and flair.
Applications are welcomed from candidates with all levels of experience including NQTs. The school offers an excellent professional development programme for all, and in particular a structured NQT programme, designed to enhance the transition from trainee to NQT. Additional departmental responsibilities may also be available for more experienced teachers interested in covering aspects of the Head of Department role.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, so early interest is actively encouraged.
For further information, an application pack or an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact our recruitment partner, Richard Lanning at Hays Education via , call or visit https://jobs/michael
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undergo enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.