Exceptional opportunity to join a young, dynamic company and be involved in a variety of projects, products and services.
My client works exclusively in B2B, providing customer facing and back office systems.
They are a fast growing and successful business with a great working environment, and a happy, hard-working team with a positive outlook.
They are proud to be an accredited Investors in People "Gold" organisation.
They need a Network Engineer to work on company projects, services and internal infrastructure. Ideally, they would like you to start immediately.
You could be:
- Looking after existing Networks, Endpoint Devices, Windows based systems
- Building Hardware
- Installing and Maintaining Linux Systems
Responsibilities could include:
- User PC Support
- Hardware assembly (computers / servers)
- Windows Server management
- Install and upgrade Windows Desktop
- Install and upgrade Windows Server
- Windows Update Management
- RDP, Remote App and Terminal services
- Virtualization with Hyper-V
- System imaging using DISM and Sysprep)
- Crashdump Diagnostics using Windbg
- Windows Cmd Tools
- Powershell Usage and Scripts
- Scheduled Task management
- Router / Switch configuration
- VLAN, QOS and STP
- DHCP and DNS configuration:
- Windows Domain Controller
- Linux Services
- Firewall Configurations:
- Web UI (basic)
- Windows Firewall
- System configurations
- Windows Network Interfaces UI
- Routing Tables
- Linux interfaces configuration CLI
- Wifi configurations
- Diagrams and documentation for the network.
You are passionate about systems and projects. You love security and you love your work. You love making stuff work and making things better.
Personal attributes you can demonstrate include:
- An ability to work across several projects or opportunities at the same time
- An ability to adapt to change, being comfortable with a fast-changing technology environment
- A commitment to producing high quality work.
You have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Understanding of firewalls, best practice, security, custom routing
- Experience with VOIP and related network configuration
- Server infrastructure knowledge
- Troubleshooting and configuration of WAN/LAN/VLAN
- In depth knowledge of Cisco/HP LAN equipment
- Configuration of Wi-Fi networks including centralised management
- Network infrastructure design and creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation relating to network topology, equipment, configuration and procedures
- Physical cable patching of in Ethernet
- Experience and excellent understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, QoS/CoS, DNS
- Network monitoring, troubleshooting and capacity planning
- User Support.
You are familiar with:
- Windows Server
- Exchange Server
- Active Directory
- Sophos Security Infrastructure
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows 2012 R2
- Understanding of 2 distributions of Linux, preferably Alpine Linux, Arch Linux or/and Debian (in order)
- Configuration of common Linux services such as OpenSSH, NTP/Chrony, DHCP, etc.
- Understanding of Network security and Pen testing / OpenVAS
Ideally, you will have at least 2 years’ demonstrable experience of deploying communications infrastructure and a formal certificate in network engineering e.g. CCNA or HP ASE. Formal qualifications or equivalent experience within an IT discipline e.g. HND / Degree would be an advantage.
Benefits of working here
In addition to a starting salary range of £24k-£28k, you will also receive a range of employee benefits that include 33 days' holiday, bonuses and a workplace pension.
This is an awesome opportunity to join a highly successful, growing company, where high achievers are rewarded and given respect and responsibility. Don't delay, apply now!