Donard Recruitment are recruiting for a mechanical engineer for their client in Salford.
Our client is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career as part of a busy, multi-disciplinary, professional practice, which provides a full Property Management service. Our client offers Property Management Consultancy services to a variety of clients, particularly in the Housing, Infrastructure Education and Leisure sectors. Responsible to the Principal Building Surveyor, the successful candidate will provide a professional surveying service to clients.
As our Mechanical Engineer you will be part of an ambitious, successful team providing our core client, Salford City Council along with an extensive range of external clients, with high quality design and management of mechanical projects and surveys. Your role will also see you supporting the building and compliance surveyors with your specialist knowledge of mechanical services, and assist in the delivery of annual short term and long term cyclical repair programmes
This role will be based primarily in our offices in Swinton However, some travelling may be required to other client’s offices.
What you will do:
You will also be accountable for:
- Design and supervision for and on behalf of clients, all design aspects of the mechanical services (i.e. heating, hot and cold water supplies, air conditioning, ventilation, gas supplies and gas installations) in a variety of properties
- To advise clients via feasibility studies of potential for schemes and estimated costs
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and considerations
- To undertake and co-ordinate building projects and maintenance within the terms of funding agreements/service specifications for Mechanical Services.
- To deliver the schemes within budget and in accordance with prescribed standards and timescales.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project multi disciplinary teams;
- To arrange for works to be carried out and supervise them in order to ensure compliance with specifications, monitoring the contractor’s performance and undertaking such inspections as may be necessary.
- To manage own workload and to ensure commercial viability of delivery
- Undertaking mechanical condition surveys of client’s property portfolios including schools, report writing along with maintaining and collating and updating survey data.
- Evaluate condition surveys into long term cyclical needs assessing whole life costing’s for assets.
- Support the delivery of the routine long term cyclical repairing programme and short term cyclical reactive and planned maintenance budget.
- To support the delivery of key areas of compliance inspections and monitoring including asbestos, fire risk assessments, fire fighting equipment and systems, water hygiene, electrical inspections, mechanical systems including air conditioning and ventilation and lift maintenance.
- Provide the highest standards of customer service for key clients.
- Develop relationships with customers and provide problem solving style delivery
Your experience will include:
- Be a professionally qualified associate member of CIBSE or equivalent membership of a professional institution
- Ideally will be a Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer and have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects to deadline and budget.
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health & Safety, CDM, Building Regulations.
- Possess the ability to survey a building, identify mechanical defects, produce reports and asset management plans and provide recommendations with costings.
- Possess the ability to design specify and tender and manage appropriate mechanical contracts to completion
- Possess the ability to produce scale drawings using AutoCAD or similar.
- Be IT literate with excellent IT skills using MS Office packages.
- Possess excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Knowledge of education and local authority corporate building stock.
- An awareness of current education issues, implications and applications.
This role will offer a salary up to £35K PA.
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day’s holiday, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.