Legal Counsel - Newcastle-upon-Tyne - 3+ PQE - A multi-disciplinary consulting engineering consultancy whose focus is on designing environmentally-friendly, sustainable buildings. Call us now on .
JOB TITLE: Legal Counsel
PQE REQUIRED: 3+
LOCATION: Newcastle upon Tyne: (Commutable from: Sunderland, Gateshead, County Durham, Northumberland)
SALARY: £Competitive salary and excellent benefits
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy operating from over 20 locations across the globe, with a passion for innovative and sustainable design. Their legal team's mission is to provide legal advice and support across all locations in relation to risk, contracts, insurance, and other areas of legal impact. Reporting to the Director of Legal the successful Legal Counsel will be required to advise the business on a wide range of subjects. These will include;
- Contract reviews (JCT, NEC, FIDIC)
- Reviewing legal documents e.g. confidentiality agreements, pre-qualification questionnaires etc.
- Dealing with any claims or litigations; attend mediation and other external meetings as required.
- Effectively manage a caseload of on-going legal issues/cases/queries and ensure that matters are dealt with in line with standards and service level agreements.
- Liaise with managers and decision makers with regard to on-going legal matters.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with people within the Business, gaining the confidence of the Business
- Mentoring junior members of the team
The successful Legal Counsel will have at least 3 years PQE gained at a leading national or international law firm or within an equivalent in-house department. Experience of construction contracts such as JCT, NEC or FIDIC and the ability to build relationships within the business at all levels. This role will be what you make of it, so this will suit a pro-active, driven candidate looking to progress their career.
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on or email now with your CV or simply call for a confidential discussion.
If you would like to review any other vacancies we are currently handling, then please visit our web site https://
eNL is handling a number of commercial vacancies throughout the North East. If you are a Commercial Solicitor looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to http://www.candidate-registration.php to register your interest for similar positions. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
In addition, if you know any Commercial Solicitor's who may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).