A higher education academy is seeking a finance officer on a temporary basis to support the Finance Manager with day to day operations of the finance department. The role will suit an AAT qualified professional experienced with both purchase and sales ledger processes.
- Processing purchase orders and invoices, for curriculum resources, printing and copying. Specific tasks will include:
- Chasing on overdue payments
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Preparing BACS payments.
- Coordinating the purchase of goods and supplies, ensuring that the Academy obtains best possible value for money from suppliers and contractors.
- Ensuring the control of petty cash and staff expenses, ensuring receipts are obtained for all purchases and proper records are maintained.
- Ensuring the receipt, recording, safekeeping and banking of any cash income.
- Undertaking monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining the accounting filing system, ensuring that accounting records are suitable for audit purposes.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the production of financial reports.
- Aiding members of staff with regard to financial policies and procedures
In addition to being able to work independently, you will be a strong and confident communicator as you will be tasked with liaising with external suppliers.
To be considered you will need to be available within a weeks' notice.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of 3 distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal and Pro-Finance: