School Business Manager
School Business Manager - Birmingham B74
Grade 7 - salary: £31,000 - £36,000
Randstad Education is recruiting for a School Business Manager based at a Primary school in the B74 area.
This role will involve working as part of the school leadership team, assisting the head teacher to ensure the school meets its educational aims. You will also lead all support staff and manage all aspects of the school's nursery, including finance and billing, HR, allocation of staff and childcare places.
This is a full time position (35 hours) and the successful candidate will have previous experience of financial and budget management, teamed with a good knowledge of the education sector, ideally within a Primary setting. You should also have good working knowledge of compliance and financial regulations.
Roles and responsibilities are to include;
* Oversee the management of the school's nursery
* Manage all matters of school finance
* Develop and manage administrative systems to ensure financial compliance
* Maximise income through taking a lead role in developing and managing the administrative and financial systems
* Take overall responsibility for the timely submission of statutory data returns
* Manage and be responsible for the efficiency and accuracy of the whole school payroll function
* Monitor the effective adoption of policies and procedures across the school providing support to ensure staff understanding
* Identify and human resources issues and appropriately raise them with the Head teacher
* Keep abreast of data protection legislation and develop policy and procedures to ensure school operates within the requirements of the Data Protection Act
* To ensure the school is promoted in the most positive way via print and online media
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
To be considered for this role you will need:
* Evidence of experience of working within schools in management or as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
* Experience of management systems
* A relevant professional qualification.
* Experience of financial and budget management including month/year end reporting as well as HR duties.
* Experience of managing accounts and of developing and maintaining strong financial controls.
If you feel you have the relevant qualifications and experience for this position, please contact Marie Fisher today on or by email on .