The Data Analyst will work with Client's Data Management and Strategy team working on new and existing data processes & applications. The Analyst role will provide input into improving existing controls and processes including the data warehouse and associated surround systems. The role will also involve migration analysis and data mapping.
The Analyst will have a real passion for data analysis; querying data and producing meaningful MI & analysis. Preferably this would be within a SQL Server environment and familiarity of other Business Intelligence tools.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Data Analyst wanting to take the next step up in their career working for an exciting growing company.
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders, understanding their business requirements & interpreting them from a technical standpoint; identifying how to deliver the required change and managing this delivery.
- Querying SJP data from a range of sources & producing meaningful analysis/MI.
- Produce analysis documents and mapping documents for Source and Target data sources
- Produce data mapping documents for application, data services and business services
- Liaising with onsite & offshore development teams.
- Working with development teams on testing and delivery.
Analytical background - maths/science based degree or significant experience in an analytical role.
Analytical, adaptable and able to problem solve.
Able to work independently & on own initiative.
Able to question internal and external stakeholders; in a customer focused manner and able to actively listen.
A good decision maker.
Composed and works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Proficient in Excel
- Familiarity of Data Warehousing concepts.
- Experienced in use of BI analytics tools (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik Sense)
- Knowledge of statistical modelling or a programming language is a plus.
- Experience of Datamodelling tools such as ERWIN.
- Understanding of SSIS/ETL processes.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed in excess of £54 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We have received much recognition for the high quality of advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager'by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; 'Best Financial Advisor’ atThe Personal Finance Awards’and the 2017 City of London ' Wealth Management Company of the Year'. We are also the current holders of the 'Britain’s Most Admired Companies Award’ within our sector.