Legal Secretary - Commercial Property
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to join our clients Commercial Property team in their Derby office.
The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support in a team of 5 secretaries to support 9 fee earners within a busy Property team.
The role will involve working with large documents (including formatting), assisting with billing and dealing with clients.
Candidates must possess previous relevant experience (preferably within a Commercial Property department), accurate typing skills and the ability to use a digital dictation system.
Legal Secretary - The Role:
- Audio typing via digital dictation system of letters, correspondence, leases, land registry transfers, contracts, licenses, tenancies and attendance notes.
- Copy typing drafts to finished items.
- Preparing official forms for searches and applications to the Land Registry.
- Carrying out on-line pre-contract searches
- Scheduling deeds and requesting receipt upon dispatch
- Answering external calls to fee earners and assisting with client enquiries if possible.
- Sorting incoming post, processing incoming cheques and acknowledgments.
- Maintaining diary and brought forward system to ensure clients / matters are reviewed and to act as a reminder to the Solicitors.
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents as and when required.
- Maintaining diary and arranging appointments, meetings and lunches as required.
- Preparing draft bills, including disbursements from billing guides. Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests etc.
- File closures.
- Arranging Travel/ Accommodation
- Any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Team.
Legal Secretary - The Candidate:Excellent communication skillsStrong attention to detailSkilled audio and copy typistAbility to use own initiative and work within tight deadlines