Mortgage Underwriter - South Manchester
An established Lending operation in South Manchester has an excellent opportunity for a number of additional Mortgage Underwriters to join a brand new team.
The team has been established in response to an unprecedented period of growth within their residential underwriting department and as such, they are looking for experienced underwriters or mandators, ideally with a background in secured lending, to join the company.
On top of a generous basic salary, an annual bonus and an excellent benefits package is on offer.
- To professionally assess all cases from direct customers and brokers in order to make informed underwriting decisions that are in line with Company policies, procedures and lending criteria
- To accurately assess the risk on an application ensuring that the loan is affordable
- To minimise the risk to the business and the applicant with a strong focus on fraud avoidance
- To proactively manage a pipeline of cases
- To provide brokers and customers with accurate case updates at all points in the process
- To provide a high level of customer service at all stages of an application
- To ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to throughout the process
- Previous underwriting experience within the secured lending or residential mortgage market
- Experience of dealing with brokers and third parties
- GCSE (minimum Math’s and English A-C)
- PC skills including MS Excel and Word Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Strong planning and problem solving skills