Castle Employment Engineering Division are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to work within a global award winning business. This is an excellent opportunity for you to work within a demanding environment in a business that prides itself on quality and their ability to take on high profile projects.
Our client is a design and manufacturing business based in Scarborough, North Yorkshire. They produce state of the art products and are well respected as being innovators in their sector.
As Mechanical Fitter you will be responsible for:
- Assembling machinery and press tooling from engineering drawings to high specifications
- In-house testing of equipment prior to dispatch
- Providing technical assistance as and when required
- Ensuring any problems are overcome and that that you keep projects moving forward
- Providing feedback to the design office during the assembly process
- Using various tool room equipment such as grinding and milling equipment when needed to assist with the assembly process
The role of Mechanical Fitter will require you to offer flexibility and adaptability when needed, you may be required to work on installations both in the UK and abroad and will need to show a willingness and confidence to make decisions autonomously. You will also need to have an understanding of engineering concepts and disciplines, be able to work from technical drawings and have the capability to learn and take on new concepts.
To be successful in the position of Mechanical Fitter you will need the following:
- Relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years' experience
- Knowledge of working in a manufacturing facility
- An ability to read and work from technical drawings
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Prepared to travel worldwide (when experienced)
- Full European driving license (clean)
In this role you will be working with a market leader in their sector and will have the opportunity to work on both a project basis as well as being a key member of the manufacturing team. Due to the international nature of the business there is the opportunity to develop for the right candidate.
If this role is for you or you would like to know more about this opportunity, please contact Eamonn Byrne the Engineering Consultant working in our dedicated Engineering Division. The Engineering Division is a sector focused arm of Castle Employment Agency and has been born out of the demand for skilled engineers in the region.