Salary up to £38,000
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Nurse to join a leading private hospital in Essex as a Sister / Charge Nurse within their medical ward. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading private hospital groups and to develop your career with a reputable organisation. They are focused on providing the highest standards of care and empowering their staff to lead fulfilling careers. They have various modern facilities such as an endoscopy suite, intensive care unit, urgent care centre as well as numerous theatres.
Duties of this role include:
- To lead on clinical shifts providing support to the team in terms of clinical, general, management and quality standards.
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- To assist the Ward Manager in the management of the Hospital's wards and to provide effective leadership and management ensuring that patients receive the highest quality care and attention.
- Liaise closely with all staff regarding clinical matters.
- Medical staff - Consultants - discussion and requests re patients care: RMO close liaison re patient care.
- Provide mentorship and support to student nurses and all ward staff members
- Peers - daily patient reports. To assist Ward Manager in holding Monthly ward meetings, team briefings and team meetings to discuss problems/objectives. Teamwork and support.
- Other departments - close liaison and co-operation. Patients - Reassurance and alleviating fear/anxiety.
- Efficient, effective planned care. Good communication of information to patients and staff.
- Students - facilitate their training.
- Deputise for the Ward Manager in her absence.
- Participate in hospital cover arrangement involving staff Off Duty rota.
- Manage care of patients under guidance of Consultant/RMO.
- Identify personal training needs after consultation with line manager.
- To identify, plan, implement and evaluate care/services offered to our customers through effective systems of documentation, quality standards, and resource allocation.
- Always looking for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN with experience at senior staff nurse level
- Relevant Degree/Diploma desirable
- Mentorship course/ENB 998
- Valid ALS/ILS certification
- Up to date knowledge in acute surgery
- Aware of NMC guidelines
- Ward Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates confidentiality
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Experience in an acute hospital setting
- Preferred managerial experience
For more information and or to apply please call Jenna O'Rourke on and or email