SPR Psychiatrist - Argyll & Bute
ID Medical is currently seeking a highly motivated SPR Psychiatrist for an NHS trust in Argyll and Bute.
The Trust's vision is to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve. This over-arching vision is supported by four aims, which embodies:
- Person-centred care
- Clinical excellence
- Valued and skilled workforce
- Effective partnerships
Responsibilites and duties:
- Contribute to multi-disciplinary and multi-agency team working arrangements within the service. In line with New Ways of Working, the post holder will provide a consultative role to the Inpatient Team.
- The post holder is expected to work flexibly with colleagues to enable the smooth running of the service, and to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to each individual patient.
- Understand the scientific basis of psychiatry and have a detailed knowledge of the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders.
- Prescribe treatment where the evidence base is limited or lacking and intervenes when a care plan is not working.
- Has expertise in therapeutic conversations, supportive work, and some will be expert in specialist psychological treatments.
- Manage, as a responsible clinician, patients detained under the Mental Health Act using experience gained from an earlier stage of training.
- Tackle medico-legal and ethical dilemmas whilst adhering to legal safeguards.
- Use skills in clinical interviewing to establish a diagnosis and a therapeutic relationship.
- Mon- Fri 9-5
- Free accomm
- Travel paid upto £200 return journey
- Excellent rates
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.