IT Service Delivery Manager
IT Service Delivery Manager
An exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Service Delivery Manager to join a leading IT services company. You will be managing the delivery of a range of IT services and ensure that SLAs and KPIs are met or exceeded through regular review and audit, in order to meet the business and customers' requirements.
The role of IT Service Delivery Manager will be responsible for maintaining and implementing an IT best practice service model across the organisation, based on the ITIL framework. With overall management responsibility for the service desk, Field Based Engineer and technology consultants, the role demands a strong people manager with a proven background leading and motivating teams of IT support and strategy engineers. It also requires a technical Microsoft background and customer facing Service Delivery experience in a Managed Services environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the UK Operations Director, develop and oversee the service desk, support function, data department and technology consultants
- Escalation point for both staff and customers in relation to process or service failure and work with internal service and support teams and customers to address such issues
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Facilitate regular (daily and weekly) department team meetings and reviews
- Motivate each individual in the team to achieve to the very best of their ability and exceed expectations
- Ensure every team member has a detailed career progression plan with motivational targets and training programme. Conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Monitor and manage business SLAs and KPIs to ensure they are being met
- Implement, develop and review all operational IT processes and procedures to guarantee effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery
- Support with the transition of managed services from contract win to operational deployment
- Ensure any 3rd parties involved in the managed services delivery to customers are delivering as expected/contracted
- Work with the management team to bid on managed service opportunities from new and existing customers
- To assist in pricing, SLA, KPI, service schedule construction or other commercial discussions and management meetings wherever appropriate
Previous Skills and Experience
- Experience of working as a Service Delivery Manager in an ITIL environment
- Management experience to include training, development, appraisals, conduct management and motivation of staff
- Ability to manage demanding customer requests in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Technical management from a service delivery perspective
- Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills at a senior level.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues
- Experience in implementing and monitoring SLAs and KPIs and ensuring they are adhered to.
- Ability to develop, implement and manage processes and procedures according to Best Practices.
- Team work - professional communication and presentation skills - to be able to transfer knowledge to the customer and internal teams
- University degree or similar , preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field
- Experience and knowledge of the ITIL framework - ITIL certification is preferred
- Microsoft qualification and the ability to use Microsoft Server, Networking ( WAN or LAN or WIFI ) and Office 365 / Microsoft Azure
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge are essential as well as experience of working within a similar role
- Proven People Management skills
- 10 plus years of IT experience
- 5 plus years of business management experience
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.