Network and Linux Administrator
Exceptional opportunity to join a young, dynamic company and be involved in a variety of projects, products and services.
My client works exclusively in B2B, providing customer-facing and back office systems.
They are a fast growing and successful business with a great working environment, and a happy, hard-working team with a positive outlook.
They are proud to be an accredited Investors in People "Gold" organisation.
They need a Network Administrator with Linux experience to work on company projects, services and internal infrastructure. Ideally, they would like you to start immediately.
You could be:
- Installing and Maintaining Linux Systems
- Looking after existing Networks, Endpoint Devices, Windows based systems.
Responsibilities could include:
- Maintaining Windows Systems, AD, Terminal Server, Exchange
- Installing systems for various business needs
- Keeping their network systems and devices up to date and stable
- Network Security
- Maintaining internal Linux Build and Package servers
- Installing and Managing new full-stack embedded systems: Raspberry Pi, Alpine Linux, Dotnet
- Log analysis with a Syslog-NG server
- Diagrams and documentation for the network
- Contributing to a development team for producing bespoke software and systems with latest technology.
You are passionate about systems and projects, with a natural flair and interest in Linux, Networking and Security. You love your work. You love projects. You love making stuff work and making things better.
Personal attributes include:
- the ability to work across several projects or opportunities at the same time
- the ability to adapt to change and be comfortable within a fast-changing technology environment
- a commitment to producing high quality work.
In terms of Technical experience, you will have some of the following:
- Router / Switch configuration with VLAN, QOS and STP
- Firewall Configurations with iptables, ebtables and other filtering such as for bridges
- Fluent with 2 distributions of Linux, preferably Alpine Linux, Arch Linux or/and Debian (in order)
- Understanding and management of other Linux distributions
- Understanding and usage of Package Managers (apt, apk, yum, etc.)
- Configuration of common Linux services such as OpenSSH, NTP/Chrony, DHCP, etc.
- Regular use of Key Authentication
- Usage understanding of latest cryptography configurations such as curve25519, chacha20, etc.
- Shell scripting (bash)
- Log analysis (dmesg, /var/log)
- Pen-Testing software such as OpenVAS
Benefits of working here
As well as a starting salary range of £24k-£32k, you will also receive a range of employee benefits that include 33 days' holiday, bonuses, and a workplace pension.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a hard working, talented individual to join an expanding company where high achievers are rewarded and given respect and responsibility. Don't waste time - apply right now!