Personal tax compliance technician
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
A Tax Compliance Technician must demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to undertake the preparation and finalisation of Tax returns, use and understand legislation appropriately and manage their own client portfolio.Job Description:
• develops an internal network within the tax department
• spots planning opportunities (tax advisory and FP) and takes responsibility for escalating this to the relevant client relationship manager to develop new business.
• manages a client portfolio and builds good rapport with the client to gain a clear understanding of client expectations so that high levels of client service can be achieved
• takes responsibility for good client relationship management of simple clients, predominately over the telephone and where appropriate in face to face contact
• provides general support to clients in the provision of tax returns
• liaises with the client relationship manager and other members of client service team (where in place) to ensure synergy and cohesion in client delivery
• prepares and finalises accurate and timely tax return work ready for review
• liaises with other service streams and take responsibility for collation of personal tax information when the client is a multi discipline service client
• produces client reports for Manager review
• uses and understands legislation appropriately to aid in relevant area of work
Client take-on / risk management
• has an awareness of the firm's risk management procedure and adheres to this
• mitigates risks by involving senior team members, ensuring appropriate advice is sought
• builds an understanding of professional standards, ethics and risk management protocols
• retains sufficient technical knowledge to undertake relevant area of work
• is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and well-being
• is able to coach processors in the accurate and timely completion of tax return work
Operations and results
• takes responsibility for billing tax return fees out to the local office, keeping accurate records
• monitors own time incurred and undertakes analysis as directed
• meets own financial targets set
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
We create sustainable value for our clients
We are better together
Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.