Our client is a well established, market leading Engineering firm based in Stoke on Trent. They have built the business up over a number of years to a substantial size and have developed an excellent reputation in their field, both for the quality of their products and also the way they do business with others.
They are seeking a capable and confident financial leader to take up the vacant position of Chief Financial Officer. The company continues to go from strength to strength and the Chief Financial Officer will be at the helm for future developments, making this an exciting career opportunity.
Based in Stoke on Trent, the CFO will be working with Senior Management at head office and be liaising with the full variety of business departments.
- Oversee budgeting & forecasting
- Develop and improve financial & operational strategies
- Build exceptional working relationships with colleagues, from junior team members through to Senior Management
- Liaise with a wide variety of departments
- Report and analyse company financial performance
- Provide regular reports to Senior Management on company stability & financial status
- Management responsibility for the Finance department
- Sit on the Board
- Advise, lead and guide the business on various financial matters
- Review & improve financial frameworks, models and systems, implementing best practices
- Overall responsibility for all financial activities for the company, including reporting, cost savings, audits, banking relationships, evaluation of growth opportunities
- Manage relationships with external partners, eg auditors
- Responsible for investor relations
- Report directly to the CEO
- Ensure the company is compliant with all relevant external legislation and rules
Our client is looking for an individual who possesses excellent leadership, operational and finance skills. The successful candidate will have developed a wealth of experience in a similar role and be able to transition into the business with skill and ease.
A highly experienced CFO who has been working at a similar senior level for a number of years would be ideal for this position.
Relevant professional qualifications are required.