Payroll and Accounts Assistant
Exciting new role for a Payroll / Accounts Assistant for a family run health-care company in Bideford
*MUST HAVE SAGE EXPERIENCE
Responsible for the running of the Accounts department, supervising the accounts in all data entry to trial balance and other daily tasks.
Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and Balance Sheet reconciliations, VAT, payroll, forecasting and any other tasks as required by management.
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts including bank, inter-company and other Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Uphold and implement where necessary controls and processes to ensure the cost effective and efficient running of the business
- Making sure all financial records and inputs are up to date
- Responsible for cash flow and accounts related decisions, and providing financial input for other departments and/or key people when required
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns for Wilson Leisure
- Maintain and update the information in the Business Review including sales, cash flow forecasts, and P&L statements
- Manage Payroll and liaise with Assistant Manager on HR issues
- Managing the accounts for the GRI and Casual rentals and producing quarterly statements
- Managing day to day general accounts office queries
- Management of accounts assistant in order to achieve
- Raising sales invoices for the lodge sales, holiday bookings, maintenance and utility bills, and inter-company invoicing
- Input of all purchase invoices
- Cashbook transaction processing, Paying suppliers and receiving sales income, Processing and controlling petty cash, Placing orders with suppliers
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures
- Candidate will need knowledge of excel, word, sage and sage payroll. They will also have experience in an accounting role or similar, preferably with a level in AAT or book keeping.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.