Technical Support Specialist
Our client has secured an enviable reputation for the manufacture and global supply of quality innovative products.
They aim to cement their position as a brand leader through both acquisition and the introduction of new ranges of products in the design, production, installation and maintenance of both on-street and off-street parking access and revenue control systems.
Due to on-going expansion a newly created opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Specialist / Engineer to develop customer relationships and provide second and third line support on a range of high value, PC-controlled capital equipment.
- You will support internal and external customers at all levels, acting as problem solver to minimise system downtime.
- 2nd / 3rd line support both hands-on and remotely, to guarantee the efficient operation of the equipment and ensure the agreed service level agreements are met.
- Perform detailed system and component fault diagnosis as required, via both on-site and remote methods.
- Take a support role in the installation & commissioning of the new systems implementation, and subsequent additions and system upgrades.
- Contribute to a service minded approach and build solid and trustworthy relationships.
- Complete all company documentation efficiently and accurately.
- Provide out-of-hours support/response/rectification where required.
- To apply you should have experience of technical / software support in a field service or a technical support role.
- You could come from an electronics, electro-mechanical or PC-controlled capital equipment environment or be working in the IT sector.
- Candidates with any experience in the Off-street parking, Pay-on-Foot or Pay & Display, On-street parking, Parking management systems, Automatic number plate recognition systems, ANPR / rising arm barriers sectors will be of great interest.
- You will have a good IT knowledge, use of applications, software/firmware upgrades.
- Understanding of SQL database maintenance is desirable but not essential.
- A confident, logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Have confidence, and experience of diagnosis, servicing and repair of electro mechanical devices.
- Networking including LANs, VLANs, VPNs, VOIP, NAT devices, or DHCP servers TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, VOIP, Cloud based management systems, Firewalls, Routers, Switches and troubleshooting of Wi-Fi networks.
- The position will also require occasional fully expensed national & international travel, and receive product specific training.
- You will have a full current UK / European driving licence.
- Ideally, but not essentially, you will have a technical qualification, such as a Degree in IT / Computer Systems or Applied Computing (Databases) or a HND / HNC / OND / ONC / City & Guilds in Computing and perhaps a City & Guilds 224, 236, NVQ / ONC / OND / HNC or HND or Degree in Electronic / Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- You will have a positive attitude towards delivering excellent customer service, supporting colleagues and change within a service environment.
- This role would suit an experience engineer who wants to work in the technical support of a UK division of a global leader in Parking systems.
Competitive Basic Salary c. £45,000 + Bonus scheme + package c. £45,000 p.a. - £50,000 p.a. + Company vehicle + 25 days holiday entitlement plus service accrual scheme + Company Pension scheme after probation & a company iPhone & iPad and on-going training and development in house.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that values its employees and to further develop your engineering / support career within an established organisation who can offer prospects globally.