Accountant - Construction - Part time - Parking
Dynamic, established and highly respected construction company who have been trading for almost half a century have an immediate requirement for a permanent part time accountant to work at their head office. Working 3 to 4 days per week or 20 to 30 hours over more days, flexible on days and hours. This exciting opportunity involves working with the senior management and commercial team. Ideally you will have worked within the construction industry, have job costing, analysis, subcontractor payments experience.
- Job costing
- Working closely with the commercial team
- Set up new supplier’s accounts (where applicable) on system
- Filling in credit application forms
- Purchase order processing
- Assembly of delivery notes
- Matching & filing delivery notes and invoices
- Posting invoices to purchases Ledger
- Dealing with Purchase and supplier queries
- Preparation and posting Cheques
- Arrange for cheques to be signed
- Mailing cheques to suppliers.
- Posting P/L Cash book payments (sundry payments).
- Checking and paying all utilities bills for new builds.
- Maintaining of Contract cost files.
- Monthly supplier Statement reconciliation.
- Preparing expenses for payment ready for payroll
- Coding and posting expenses on to the system.
- Filing expenses.
- Verifying new subcontractors UTR on HMRC website.
- Preparation of Subcontractor Payment certs.
- Posting of subcontractor Valuation Certs to system.
- Printing of subcontractor cheques and arranging for cheques to be signed.
- Mailing Cheques to subcontractors.
- Dealing with subcontractor payment enquiries.
- Create new S/L invoices and chase payments.
- Sales invoice entry on to system.
- Sales receipt posting.
- Maintenance of VAT spreadsheet for HMRC purposes.
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 Pro rata