Reporting into the Head of Projects the QS will be responsible for providing the cost and estimating duties in developing telecommunication solutions within a Highways environment. The candidate will work closely with the Project Management and Financial teams to produce costings and bills of materials for each project and ensure that they are tracked meticulously throughout the life of the project including the capturing and reporting of all variations. The QS will also be responsible for maintaining the project pipeline to enable telent to forecast resource and materials. The ideal candidate should possess strong commercial and financial acumen within a telecoms/Highways environment.
What we are looking for from you:
· Experienced QS - ideally within a telecoms/Highways environment
· Technical knowledge of Highways England Standards, MCY and MCX drawing standards beneficial
· Financial and Contractual acumen in a client facing role
· Risk management and mitigation
· Member of accredited board such as RICS
· Full Driving licence
· Experience in operating NEC type contracts
· Very Good Commercial and financial awareness.
Excellent Employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages.
· 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
· Company pension scheme
· A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
· An employee-funded car leasing scheme
· Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.