BI SQL Developer
As a BI SQL Developer, you will identify, implement and maintain appropriate tools and techniques to transform transactional data into useful information that can then be analysed by the business to make informed decisions and enable delivery of business strategy.
With two well-established market leaders recently joining forces, this major business is the largest of their market in the UK. The company is now looking to expand their BI & Data team with the appointment of an ambitious and experienced BI SQL Developer.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the BI SQL Developer:
- Provide high quality data management across the business
- Drive and ensure a robust data warehousing solution
- Help manage the day to day development lifecycle to facilitate reporting and BI development within the team, to ensure documentation is up to data and reflects current business rules and definitions
- Act as a mentor for the data analysts and junior members of the team.
- Manage a team of SQL developers
- Assisting in delivery of the data vision and strategy across the business, contributing to the overall strategic direction
- Helping to drive continuous improvements in data quality standards
- Assisting with on-going maintenance and clarity of data and data process records
- Helping with the resolution of known data issues
- Assistance with data risk prioritisation and reporting
The ideal candidate for this BI SQL Developer opportunity will have the following knowledge, experience and understanding:
- T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, ETL & Data Warehousing
- Knowledge of Power BI is a distinct advantage
- Experience in the development and delivery of data strategies and Business Intelligence solutions
- Created and managed data structures in databases and data warehouses
- SQL reporting development.
- A strong communicator
- The ability to explain complex technical matters in a simplified manner
- Experience working to tight deadlines