Financial Controller - Startup
A successful well funded Startup based in London are seeking a Financial Controllerto join them at a really exciting time in their growth.
The Financial Controller will initially be the only in house dedicated finance team member so will have oversight of all financial management matters.
The ideal candidate will have relevant qualifications, experience in a Startup and a willingness to get involved in every aspect of the Startup business.
- Work across the business to create the annual budget and perform regular forecast reviews
- Create new, and ensure the adoption of, finance policy and procedures
- Prepare a range of reports including: Ad-hoc and regular management accounts, quarterly VAT returns, cashflow reports and statutory financial reporting activities to ensure compliance with UK GAAP
- Work with third party accountants to outsource elements of reporting activities
- Complete all credit control and accounts payable and receivable activities
- Create and constantly maintain the system for raising and processing invoices
- Manage the businesses working capital and financing
- Manage cash flow
- Manage third party payroll and commission where applicable
- Research, identify and implement a new accounting systems that will support the business in its growth
- Work with senior leadership team to maintain and update the financial model on a regular basis.
- ACA / ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Experience working in a Startup or scale up environment previously will be advantageous
- Experience analysing management accounts
- Be able to pick things up quickly with a high attention to both detail and accuracy
- Experience of financial modelling
- Excellent experience with Excel
- Experience with Xero or similar accounting platforms would be a benefit
- Be a quick learner and happy to get stuck in
- Comfortable working independently and happy to set own goals
- Be a high energy individual looking to get involved with a fast paced organisation.
- Equity on offer
- Excellent progression for the right candidate.
- Excellent Salary (£50- £60k base)