IT Support Engineer
Our Broadcast client is looking to recruit an experienced IT Support Engineer to join their team at Ealing Studios.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will be expected to support the requirements and challenges of complex interrelated systems and networks in a 24/7 broadcast facility.
A primary duty will be supporting a large MAM solution
* As part of the Broadcast Media company technology team, you will provide first and second-line support to a wide range of users and technical teams.
* You will ensure that technical faults are resolved quickly, or alternative solutions implemented.
* Engage with support providers to ensure that escalation support is in place for the key technology platforms used.
* Prioritise your daily support workload and meet deadlines individually and as part of an integrated support team.
* Ensure that all work performed is registered in the engineering ticketing system as well as ensuring this system is maintained, updated and operational at all times.
* Ensure high level of customer support delivered
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Good network skills and virtualization knowledge essential. VPN knowledge useful and good fault finding skills.
* A minimum of two years' experience in a similar customer facing IT support role.
* Training and qualifications in IT (University degree at BSc level preferred) or a significant level of relevant industry experience.
* Good working knowledge of Windows Administration (MCSE or MCTS certified).
* Good working knowledge of Windows 7 Pro/Windows 8 / MS Office suite (2007/2010).
* Knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 Servers.
* A good working knowledge of Active Directory/File Sharing/Exchange mail server /Network printing.
* Cisco CCNA certified with strong experience in TCP/IP networking, security, and firewalls configurations (Fortigate / Juniper SRX).
* A positive, enthusiastic manner with the ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients.
* Excellent troubleshooting and technical issue diagnostic skills.
* Able to monitor/report on the progress of tasks in a constructive and appropriate manner, and to remain calm under pressure.
* Effective communication and good problem-solving skills.
* An understanding of best practice in storage and the transfer of files.
* Previous experience with Linux (RedHat/CentOS) would be an advantage.
* Some previous experience of file-based broadcast systems and knowledge of file-based video format technologies will be highly regarded.
* Experience with the following IT systems and equipment will be highly regarded:
o Juniper Firewalls and Switches
o SAN Architectures (e.g. Harmonic MediaGrid, Avid ISIS)
o Fortinet Firewalls
o VM Ware Environment
o Maintenance of Mac OSX Workstations
o SQL Databases
o Accelerated file transfer protocol services (e.g. Aspera)
Flexibility is required as this is a shift-based role and you will be required to work weekends.