Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Solsbury Solutions is delighted to be working with a well-established employer in the Eastleigh area. This business is an established company within the fuel forecourt market across the UK and Europe.
A software Test Engineer is required to work closely with fellow testers, developers, product managers and project managers within the retail development team. Products to be tested will include Point of Sale, Back Office and Head Office software.
Key role and responsibilities for this role:
* Develop test plans and scripts from business/technical requirements and specifications.
* Perform exploratory testing on early-stage code.
* Perform a wide range of test activities such as functional/non-functional, regression and performance testing.
* Advise the team about overall risks and trends.
* Facilitate communication between the technical & business Stakeholders.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Three years plus experience in a Software Testing role within a Microsoft Windows environment
* Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the role a tester plays in the full systems development life cycle
* Ability to write T-SQL and interrogate a database using Microsoft Client tools
* Ability to identify and document defects
* Ability to carry out test planning and procedures
* Experience working on Scrum teams in sprints
* Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide audience of technical, non-technical and stakeholders, on all levels
* Understanding of how to construct and document test cases
* Knowledge of automated test scripts and interpreting results
* Clear and concise documentation skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* ISEB testing qualifications a plus.
* Experience working on Scrum teams.
* Understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle (iterative and incremental)
* Familarity with functional and non-functional software requirements
* Working knowledge of scripting/programming in C#
Salary - up to £32,000 (depending on experience)
The role is full-time and 40 hours per week
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the role.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer