KS1 Teaching Assistant - North London (from January 2018)
KS1 Teaching Assistant - North London
(Learning Support Assistant)
Are you passionate about learning and development?
We are looking to appoint a high quality Teaching Assistant for KS1 to support pupils with SEND, currently in Year 1.
------- Purpose of Job
- To work under the instruction/guidance of senior/teaching staff to support the delivery of quality learning and teaching and to help raise standards of achievement for all pupils;
- To encourage the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school, and enable pupils to become more independent learners;
- To undertake work/care/support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils in the classroom.
------- We are looking for someone who:
- has an enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- has high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour and the ability to demonstrate the highest quality classroom practice
- is motivated and uses their initiative when necessary
- is passionate about creating a stimulating learning environment
- works very well as part of a team and is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
- is able to relate well to children and adults, offering personal and social support to the wellbeing of key children and their families, attending relevant meetings
- is a caring and understanding person, with a good sense of humour, who is committed to supporting high standards of behaviour and enjoyment of learning.
In return, we can offer you a school where children love to attend and learn and where the staff team work together very well to promote high standards.
Ability to deliver support and interventions to groups or individual children, including those with SEND is essential. The need to be flexible in response to the day-to-day requirements of a busy school will be an important consideration for any applicant.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Current Enhanced DBS certificate or intention to apply
- Minimum 4 GCSEs A*- C including Maths and English
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant or equivalent, CACHE level 3, NNEB, BTEC National Diploma, University Degree
- Previous experience of working with children
- Aspirations to become a teacher
- Psychology Graduates
- SEN experience
The post holder must promote and safeguard the welfare of the children and young people that they are responsible for, or come into contact with
Nurture Education is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.