Hours of work: Full time Permanent
Location: Outskirts of Birmingham
Salary £22,000 - £25,000
Do you have previous IT Support / 1st Line Support experience and are immediately available?
This is a key role with IT Services Dept with responsibility to provide support and advice to employees on a range of IT issues & to provide a comprehensive and professional ICT Services Desk service to staff and external customers.
The primary function is to provide 2nd line IT support to our staff based across all offices. You will also be expected to provide 1st line IT support and administration when required.
This is a varied role with exciting projects. You will be working with the IT Service Desk team alongside the wider development team and infrastructure team, and all of these teams report to the IT Director.
What the 1st Line Support / IT Support role involves:
- Handling all customer contact, via email, telephone and self-service.
- Provide 1st line and 2nd line, hands-on and remote support for issues
- Raise incidents, service requests, changes and problems using the service desk gathering appropriate detail to aid troubleshooting and resolution
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents, problems and service requests escalated from 1st line service desk staff in other offices working to SLA thresholds
- Install approved software
- Provide basic application support for users, to show how to use the software or particular functions
- Liaise with the internal IT group to manage the ordering and distribution of office desktops, laptops, monitors, projectors, peripherals and mobile devices for the office, so that all employees have access to the appropriate IT equipment
- Setup, deploy and maintain IT equipment using a standard imaging process
- Arrange safe disposal/recycling of old equipment following WEEE regulations
- Inductions for new members of staff
- General IT administration
- Assist the infrastructure team by providing remote hands for infrastructure equipment (e.g. replacing failed hot swappable components under the supervision of a member of the infrastructure team.)
- Complete weekly visual inspections of equipment in the server room
- Check backups are running correctly and rotate tapes on a weekly basis
- Liaise with 3rd party support suppliers as and when required for hardware replacements
- User account and mailbox administration using Active Directory, Exchange Control Panel and Active role server
- Communication to staff - including outages, updates and crucial IT info.
Essential career experience for a 1st Line Support / IT Support
Knowledge and level of proficiency in the use of IT software packages required
- Active Directory
- General PC and Telephony support
- Remote Support tools - Dameware, GotoAssist Word, Excel, Lync/Skype for Business, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, VPN, Antivirus, Wi-Fi
Desirable but not necessary for an 1st Line Support / IT Support
Service Desk Management Toolsets
- Familiarity with Group Policy administration / implementation
- Familiarity with Autodesk and other engineering products
- Experience providing remote support using Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager
- Experience with room based Video conferencing equipment. Preferably Polycom or Lync/Skype for business
- Experience using Symantec/Veritas Personal Archive
- Experience using Bluebeam Revu PDF creator software
- Experience providing typical helpdesk functions for Swivel PINSafe
- Experience supporting remote VPN user.
- Familiarity with mobile device management using Mobile Iron
- Experience using Apple iPhone /iPad products
- An ITIL certification
- PBX administration. (Lync/Skype for business or Alcatel)
This is an immediately available role so please do not apply if you are in a permanent position, and not available to start ASAP.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.