Accounts Assistant - St Albans - £19,500 per annum
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £19,500 per annum
Location: St. Albans
Contract: Permanent, Full Time (Monday to Thursday 08:45 - 17:00 with 45 mins lunch Friday 08:45 - 16:00 with an hour for lunch)
Our client is looking for an experienced individual to join their ever-growing team as an Accounts Assistant on a permanent Basis to aid the Credit Control team. They are building on an already impressive reputation and have an increased work load due to a period of expansion.
The ideal candidate will have some experience working in an accounts role, will have excellent attention to detail and MS Office skills. You will be part of a vibrant, young and social department.
- 20 days Holiday + 8 Bank holidays (This increases by 0.5 days for every full year of service)
- Onsite parking
- Staff discount on clothing and footwear
- Discount in JD Sports stores
- Processing of account applications, including credit checking
- Raising invoices and credits for ancillary charges and coding to correct general ledger accounts
- Ongoing customer credit report monitoring and weekly reporting on over 700 live accounts (Experian Business IQ & Credit safe)
- Raising delivery discrepancy reports and tracking progress through to completion
- Reconciliation and allocation of self-billed customer accounts
- Reconciliation of third party credit card processing charges
- Maintaining spreadsheets of service charges by concession accounts
- Process refund requests
- Helping other team members with ad-hoc duties
- Microsoft Excel skills essential (intermediate)
- Microsoft Word skills essential (Intermediate)
- Good clear and concise communication skills
- Attention to detail
Should you be short listed for this position, a member of the Smart10 team will be in touch with you in the next five working days. Good luck with your application!
Smart10 Ltd is a "Multi Award Winning" and Independently run recruitment consultancy which specialises in both Permanent and Temporary positions across all Business Support roles. Smart10 have become renowned as one of Hertfordshire's most dynamic recruitment companies. As a business, we won the Judges Award in 2012, Best New Business Award in 2013 and 'Business Person of The Year in 2016 at The Hertfordshire Business Awards, for being the most "promising" and "innovative" company within Hertfordshire.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SME’s throughout the region. The smart10 team are an energetic and smart team of highly experienced and professional recruitment consultants who are committed at exceeding both our candidates and client’s expectations.