Senior IT Project Manager
PAREXEL Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise. As the technology business unit of PAREXEL International Corporation, we're able to leverage our massive investment in technology with our parent company's wealth of hands-on clinical expertise.
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment that has the feel of an innovative technology company.
As the Senior IT Project Manager you will be responsible for the management and leadership of cross functional project teams working on IT projects to support PAREXEL’s clinical and business users, including new product introductions, software releases and/or upgrades to new or existing systems.
- Provides full project lifecycle support from requirements definition though post deployment and go live activities, to formal project close out.
- Responsible for the development of detailed project plans, budget, capacity plans, risk response strategies and task management to achieve project objectives.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, processes and procedures as well as applicable industry regulations (i.e., 21 CFR part 11)
- Closely interacts with and partners with, Business Owners to obtain and refine customer needs in the generation of complex product requirements and technical system requirements. Ensures the mapping of the market/customer requirements into design specifications.
- Responsible for identification, negotiation and procurement of all project-related items, including third party software solutions.
- Management of all resources (PAREXEL full-time and contract) to staff project.
- Drive and facilitate the project team to successful completion of project within budget, on schedule, and within quality standards.
- Drives Change Management and Impact Analysis activities to facilitate responsible and informed decision making.
- Provide status reporting and options to executive management, stakeholders, and team on progress toward objectives.
- Drive decisions escalated from functional teams and escalate to Steering Committee as needed
- Manage and ensure all project issues are resolved promptly to avoid negative impact to project deliverables (scope, budget, schedule, etc.)
- BSc/MSc Business/Engineering preferred but any degree can be considered.
- PMP Certification desired
- Agile Certification desired
- High level of business and financial acumen, with proven ability to manage scope, budget and risk
- Effective organizational skills and time management skills, with ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated team-building experience
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills, following the "servant-leader" methodology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and other project management tools and methodologies, including knowledge of and ability to utilize implementation methodologies and deliverable templates (Resource Plan; Work Plan; Test Plan; Implementation Plan; etc.)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in a team environment
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong and proven project management experience managing concurrent, large scale technology projects which include business process, technology and training deliverables
- Advanced knowledge and practice of Agile Project Management methodologies
- Demonstrated history and success managing software development projects
- Management of global project teams
- Thorough understanding of a Software Development Life-cycle
- Project Management experience in Pharmaceutical Industry/Management of Clinical Trials/Drug Approval Process/Medical Device industry or relevant experience in a regulated industry
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus plus a benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!