Nursery Practitoners - Exeter
Class People are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Nursery Practitioners to work on a part time/supply basis across a variety of day nurseries in and around central Exeter.
As a member of our supply team you can be offered as little as a couple of hours a week, right up to 5 full days. Due to the nature of supply we can offer part time hours to suit your family needs and shifts are very flexible - between the hours of 7.30am-6pm Monday to Friday.
The organisations we work with are school based nurseries, including preschools. So, as long as you have experience of working with children aged 0-5 years we want to hear from you. If you have a Level 2 or Level 3 certificate, that would also be great!
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a member of supply staff you will be required to support the children in your care whilst following their routines as closely as possible
- Work closely with the nursery staff and follow their guidance ensuring that you ask questions if you are unsure about anything
- Assist with snack and lunch times in each setting
- Help to clean and tidy the settings, as required
- Have lots of fun with the children!
Qualifications and Skills
Ideally applicants will hold a qualification in Early Years Childcare, however this isn't essential for supply work. Instead we ask that you have at least 6 months experience of working with children aged 0-5 years and you are enthusiastic about working in childcare.
If you are shortlisted for this post you will be invited to register with us in our Exeter office where we will carry out stringent pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check (if you have a current DBS with the Update Service we can check this accordingly) and also request two references, including your most recent employer. Relevant academic references will also be considered.
- We pay £8.51 per hour
- We offer work in many settings that are easily accessible via public transport
- Candidates have the opportunity to return to the same nurseries (particularly if you request them as a preferred nursery) as this helps with continuity for the children and gives you the opportunity to become part of a team
- We just ask that you are always professional in your approach to work, follow the guidance of the staff at the nursery and... have lots of fun!