Our client, a leading engineering solutions, technology systems and support services company is looking to recruit a bid manager that can manage bid opportunities within different engineering disciplines across muliple sites to deliver growth.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Manage the creation of compelling customer focused proposals.
- Plan and manage bid activities to provide a methodical approach to the bid compilation and review process.
- Drive a bid plan for each bid opportunity.
- Working with the business development lead, clearly set out bid team plans and actions are captured and understood.
- Build and maintain a bid plan to identify the overall work load against time.
- Co-ordinate the bid team to ensure cost estimates are produced, collated and presented for review as per the stage gate process.
- Complete and track the cost model tool with data from other team members as appropriate to build up the overall pricing structure.
- Manage internal bid process tools, updating and providing timely and effective reporting to line management.
- Manage the stage gate process.
- Managing the bid library.
Key Skills, Knowlege and Experience
- Ability to translate customer requirements into compelling and customer focused responses.
- Experience of bidding in a technical environment.
- Experience of MOD tender processes or working in a defence environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Competent user of software packages including Word or Adobe InDesign
- Experience of building collaborative teams as part of the bid process.
- Shipley methodology & APMP Accreditation.
- Background in engineering, either mechanical or production.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside office working hours.
- Regular travel required to other UK sites.
- SC Cleared or ability to meet vetting process