Production Engineer ( Electrical & Electronic
My client has been established for just over 50 years now and are the market leading supplier of Mains Power Distribution Units and accessories ( also known as Power Bars or Power Strips ). Founded in 1961 they manufacture all products at their 27,000 Square Feet Head Office and sell to customers both in the UK and abroad.
Due to expansion they are looking for a Production Engineer to join their Manufacturing Team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person and has the ability to lead to future promotion both within the company and their parent group. This position may suit a college or university graduate with Electrical or Electronic qualifications.
• Creating Bills of Materials on the Manufacturing System
• Introducing new products into Manufacturing
• Working with suppliers regards new or updated components
• Managing faulty part return to suppliers
• Creating and updating Test, Inspection & Work instructions
• Managing the Quality systems
• Final Production Inspection, Test and Flash Test
• Assisting with Health & Safety
• Assisting with providing technical support to customers
• Assisting Production when required
Experience / Skills required:
• Basic Electrical / Electronic Qualifications or experience
• Experience in a similar role an advantage
• Good PC / MS Office Skills
• Good written English skills
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Someone who wants a steady, busy and yet varied job is the person my client is looking for.
Duration Permanent position with a three month Probation Period ( 60 working days ), during which time, you will be paid the hourly equivalent through Reed Engineering
Salary £22,000 - £25,000 per annum depending upon skills and experience
Hours 40 hours a week
Times 8.00am till 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Breaks Paid morning and afternoon tea breaks, but the 30 minute lunch is un-paid.
Annual Leave 20 days per annum ( out of which there is a 3 / 5 day Xmas shutdown ) plus the 8 Bank Holidays
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business