Lead Mobile App Developer - Welwyn Garden City - Up to £70,000 per annum
Job Title: Lead Mobile App Developer
Salary: up to £70,000 per annum
Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday- Thursday, 9.00am- 5.30pm/ Friday, 9.00am- 5.00pm
My client, based in Welwyn Garden City, is currently looking for a highly experienced Lead Mobile App Developer to join their team. The company was established more than 50 years ago and their clients are some of the biggest brands in the world and mobile apps are central to the strategy for delivering value to them. Their app is award winning and Number 1 in the UK!
The purpose of this role is to design and develop native mobile applications and to coordinate with colleagues working on different layers of the creative and technical ecosystem. You will lead all mobile platform development and delivery across the entire app life cycle from concept through to the release to app stores.
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive salary up to £70,000 dependent on experience
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Onsite Parking
- Access to the company’s Corporate Perks Benefits
- Pension- 1% during probation/ 3% afterwards
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance- 2 x salary
- Acting as the development lead for both iOS and Android development. Ideally with extensive hands on experience across both platforms, but a deep single platform specialist could be considered depending on skill set and ability to lead and direct other platform specialists
- Leading all mobile platform development working closely with other mobile app developers both internal and external, near shore and offshore
- Working directly with other developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise new products and product roadmaps
- Working alongside backend and CMS developers influencing API and infrastructure.
- Working with the UX & creative teams to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Provide thought leadership on app development keeping up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Proven commercial app development experience including examples of published apps.
- Proven ability to take on a large pre-existing code-base with success.
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Ability to prioritise and manage the time of a team, informed by higher level business goals
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally
- CoreData & CoreLocation
- Java, Kotlin is a plus
- Persistence frameworks (greenDAO, Room or similar).
- Comfortable with Rx
- Experience on web service integration (REST, JSON)
- Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience using social media APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Integration with Enterprise Content Management Systems, ideally Sitecore
- Working in a fast paced consumer facing digital product development (experience with large numbers of users)
- Ad integration
- Continuous Deployment
Should you be short listed for this position, a member of the Smart10 team will be in touch with you in the next five working days. Good luck with your application!
Smart10 Ltd is a "Multi Award Winning" and Independently run recruitment consultancy which specialises in both Permanent and Temporary positions across all Business Support roles. Smart10 have become renowned as one of Hertfordshire's most dynamic recruitment companies. As a business, we won the Judges Award in 2012, Best New Business Award in 2013 and 'Business Person of The Year in 2016 at The Hertfordshire Business Awards, for being the most "promising" and "innovative" company within Hertfordshire.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SME’s throughout the region. The smart10 team are an energetic and smart team of highly experienced and professional recruitment consultants who are committed at exceeding both our candidates and client’s expectations.