Quantitative Financial Analyst
Corporate Title: Up To Vice President
Department: Internal Audit - Model Risk
Here at our London Office we are looking for an individual to join our Corporate Audit department as a Quantitative Financial Analyst within Model Risk Management.
This opportunity provides unique access to senior management in Model Development and Model Validation across the Bank.
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in London. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As a Quantitative Financial Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
Quantitative Financial Analysts (QFA) will contribute to the Corporate Audit Model Risk group's enterprise-wide coverage of model risk management. The QFA will assume the following responsibilities:
- Support senior auditors within Audit Model Risk to identify and assess the risks and control effectiveness.
- Support audits and produce high-quality workpapers.
- Responsible for raising audit findings articulating the results and impact of audit fieldwork, both verbally and in writing to the Auditor in Charge.
- Support senior auditors within the Audit Model Risk in the preparation of business monitoring
- Support Auditor in Charge in quantitative modelling consultation to other audit teams to ensure effective coverage of the model risk control environment
As a Quantitative Financial Analyst your skills/competencies would ideally include:
- Master's or Ph.D.(or equivalent) in a relevant quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, physics, economics or MBA.
- Relevant Model risk management experience in one or more of the following areas: governance, capital markets models, consumer / retail models, economic capital models, loss forecasting models.
- Relevant professional experience of regulatory requirements within model risk management such as SR11-7 and SR15-18.
- Model Risk Audit experience (preferred).
- Good organizational, analytical, quantitative, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and deliver timely on multiple projects.
- Ability to work well within a high performing team
- Good knowledge of financial models across asset classes
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with ability to quickly tackle new modelling areas
- Capability to perform independent model testing and assessment of relevant risk management processes and controls
- Ability to develop effective ongoing relationships with line management
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience