Tax Executive - Entrepreneur and Private Client
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
This role facilitates the smooth functioning of the department, identifying and implementing methods of improving the departmental/office environment and operational efficiency. Assists and co-ordinates departmental employees and practices, ensuring the team is able to maintain an excellent standard of service.Job Description:
• Highlights areas where improvement can be made to the firm's advisory offering.
• Expands network of contacts both internally and externally.
• Has broad reach in their internal network and proactively identifies opportunities for integration.
• Promoting the advisory team to the wider firm via presentations/office visits where necessary.
• Shows an understanding of the firm's vision, strategy and values and uses this as a foundation in all work.
• Acts as an ambassador for Grant Thornton seeing opportunities to raise brand profile.
• Develop an understanding of the department's services and client mix.
• Keep abreast of industry developments, changes and trends.
• Ensure and maintain the strictest adherence to client confidentiality in all dealings.
• Maintains regular updates and communications with key stakeholders.
• Review and co-ordinate opportunities for personal development of team members.
• Act as a point of contact for team member issues referring to a manager or relevant People and Culture team where appropriate.
• Encourage teamwork and flexibility across the team and work to drive through new initiatives and encourage change.
• If appropriate, co-ordinate and conduct performance review meetings, review skills and identify training needs of the team.
• If appropriate, oversee and undertake recruitment of new team members.
• Co-ordinate and communicate arrangements for departmental changes.
• Oversee and co-ordinate departmental communications.
• Secure services from support functions and monitoring their delivery, ensuring compliance with policy and procedures.
• Support in the introduction of processes to ensure departmental issues are identified, reported and resolved.
• Organise events (for example client seminars, team away days).
• Arrange and attend internal and external meetings.
• Update and formalise processes to ensure that the department complies with risk management requirements.
• Co-ordinate processes to ensure adherence to the firm's corporate style in all correspondence and presentations.
• Support departmental projects.
• Ensure best practices are shared.
• Be a point of contact for the advisory department on specialist subject area.
• Preparation of research and relevant documentation.
• Any other tasks relevant to the role.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
We create sustainable value for our clients
We are better together
Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.