Corporate Tax Manager (Advisory) - Birmingham to £55,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a specialist UK Tax Boutique who are recruiting a Corporate Tax Manager / Assistant Manager to join their growing team in Birmingham. Reporting to one of the Tax Directors, the advisory role would ideally suit a Qualified CTA or ATT Tax Specialist (or equivalent ACA/ACCA Accountant) from a mid- to top-tier Accountancy practice or another Tax boutique. You will be managing junior staff and you must be able to demonstrate strong Corporate Tax advisory expertise. Key duties include:
• Providing solutions to technical issues and being able to demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to manage relevant project areas
• Attending client and prospect meetings, and being actively involved in delivery of the resulting tax advisory work
• Working on complex tax projects for leading OMB’s and Listed clients within varied business sectors (up to £300m turnover)
• Liaising with clients regarding corporate tax advisory matters on the phone and in person, such as re-organisations, EMI schemes and preparing valuations, EIS advice, R&D tax relief, international matters including overseas branch set-up and due diligence matters
• Meeting client demands, keeping them up to date with progress and engendering trust & respect
• Providing intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues in a pro-active manner
• Writing high quality tax reports for clients, requiring minimal input from Partners
• Managing and appraising a number of junior tax staff within the office
• Ensuring that the quality of corporate tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adheres to the Firm’s quality standards.
• Building relationships with third party advisers - lawyers, corporate finance partners and accounting firms
• Liaising with the Tax Partners to ensure that work is completed within budget, and actively cross-selling through networking
To be considered for the role you should be looking a move to a specialist Tax firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you, ideally from a Top4/Top10 Firm looking for corporate tax advisory experience with a better work/life balance. Previous staff management and working with complex advisory tax cases is required, along with excellent team-working and relationship building skills. You should also be able to help develop expertise within the team, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £55,000 + excellent benefits including holidays, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office by telephone or via email at admin @mcginnisloy.com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting, HR Services or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile