User Experience Designer and Team Lead
JOB TITLE: User Experience Designer and Team Lead
REPORTS TO: RX Global Product Manager
BASED AT: RXGB Office, Richmond, Surrey UK
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events business, with almost 500 events in over 43 countries. We are trusted worldwide to deliver market-leading events, where participants meet face to face to do business, to network and to learn and our extensive portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors. They include construction, electronics, energy and alternative energy, engineering, entertainment, gifts and jewelry, healthcare, hospitality, interior design, logistics, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, real estate, recreation, security and safety, transport and travel.
Each year, our exhibitions and conferences bring together over 7 million active participants generating billions of dollars in business for its customers, and boosting the local economies where the events are hosted. With over 3700 employees in 41 offices around the globe we serve 43 industries. Reed Exhibitions is a member of the RELX Group, a FTSE 100 company.
Reed Exhibitions is looking for a Senior UX Designer and Team Lead to come on board and contribute within a team of UX designers and researchers as part of a larger product team including product owners, business analysis and developers.
This person will need to be able to work with product teams who are working both lean and agile and as a result will need to illustrate early customer validation, collaborative design, solving user problems, measuring KPI’s, applying appropriate tools and light weight design to move the product forward.
The Senior Consultant will have fantastic people skills, and understand the design process and really shine in of the core UX areas: research/engagement, prototyping, interaction, information architecture, visual design and analytics/measurement. In terms of drivers, delivery is key, patience in a relatively design/UX immature environment and an ability to balance best practice with flexibility. In addition to leading a workstream, this individual will be the team lead of 3-4 UX Designers and UI professionals, ensuring consistent customer journey experiences, approach and design principles across all streams. They will coach and mentor other members of the team on best practices and approach to achieving success in a lean and agile environment.
- Deliver functional/behavioural wireframe specifications, flows, mock-ups and supporting ad-hoc documentation for new platform wide features
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Visual Designers and Developers within an agile development environment
- Contribute positively to the overall product vision; own the design strategy and the management of it in the overall delivery process.
- Design client consistent client testing methodologies and scripts for use by research teams
- Define and help measure A/B tests that help define the Product Manager’s vision for the solutions.
- Work collaboratively across global teams to achieve success
- Establish best demonstrated practices for designing user journeys and testing them in the market
- A deep understanding of Interaction Design principles, Information Architecture best-practice and Usability is a must
- Experience of providing product/feature definition, support and guidance to Agile development teams
- Exposure to Directories, Product Catalogues, Search, Matchmaking and Networking, Registration and Social Media integration.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills, able to make a compelling case when working with stakeholders, product owners, development teams and 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of Customer Testing and Research including remote online and face to face. Preferably with global reach.
- Strong analytics capabilities to understand the feedback and then refine into changes in strategy or approach
- Show leadership to develop the User Experience function within the programme.
Candidates must have an online portfolio and will be required to demonstrate their ability to uphold to Reed’s high standards for experience design by presenting relevant accomplishments from their portfolio during the interview process.