Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Competitive Salary & BenefitsA fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Project Manager as part of an exciting business transformation project
About the role
The overall purpose of the Senior Project Manager's role is the end to end management of projects from inception and definition through to structured project closure. You will be responsible for providing line management to a team of Project Manager's, while coaching and providing guidance to the project team members.
You will lead transformation, implementation, business change and customer learning projects and teams to the right solution at the right time, on time and budget.
About Capita | Learning Services | KnowledgePool
Capita KnowledgePool is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide managed learning services, across three core service components of supplier management, training administration and learning consultancy.
We manage every type of training, across every subject matter area and every methodology. Our managed learning is provided in 16 countries, in 11 languages with 360,000 learning events managed per year across all of our clients.
What you will do:
- Ensure all individual and team projects are delivered on time, to budget and to agreed quality.
- Be accountable for the identification and management of project risk and issues along with mitigation and/or workarounds
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate quality levels are maintained across all projects.
- Recognises the interface between the 'project world' and the 'business as usual world' and helps manage the connection.
- Promote the change programme vision to staff at all levels of the business operation
- Ensures underlying target delivery dates of other teams are achievable and escalated where appropriate.
- Develop an effective relationship with all internal and external stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, customers and other business areas
- Leadership and direction of team; including change leadership, planning, setting priorities and creativity
- Conduct the relevant number of catch ups/121's/ reviews and appraisals.
- Manage and support team to achieve their objectives and behaviours
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrable Project Management experience working within a project and change management environment
- Knowledge and a track record of successfully managing a range of projects including implementations, Business change, change management and operational improvement projects.
- People management experience within a business analysis, project management or change function, managing a team of 5+ people
- Understanding of best practice methodologies (Agile, PRINCE 2 and MSP).
- Holds a relevant professional body qualification/accreditation (e.g. ITIL, Prince2, and Six Sigma).
- Experience of using MS Project or other planning tools.
- Experience of contract management and working with third parties
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.