My client are a well established manufacturer of mechanically engineering products to the oil and gas sector.
Due to a rapidly increasing order book they require a highly skilled Design Engineer ideally with knowledge of Solidworks or Solid Edge and AutoCAD.
Ideally you will have knowledge of designing products for the oil and gas industry although this is desirable rather than essential.
Design Engineer Job Description:
- Creating cost effective designs by integration of common parts and standardisation of components
- Producing General Arrangement drawings, Manufacturing drawings and Technical Specifications
- Producing 3D models for estimating weights, volumes, interference's, determining complex geometry, etc.
- Verification of designs by calculations and/or FEA/CFD (analysis to be carried out under supervision)
- Designing products that are safe and in accordance with Health & Safely legislation
- Designing products that comply with applicable design codes, e.g. ASME VIII, ASME B31.3, etc.
- Designing products that comply with applicable governing legislation, e.g. 2014/68/EU (PED)Material Procurement
- Producing material requisitions in order to ensure all material/quantity/technical requirements are identified
- Instigation and ongoing control of projects/contracts from Sales hand-over through to delivery
- Liaison with Quality/Production to ensure 'sub-contract' and 'in-house' activity is considered and controlled
- Supervising workshop personnel and/or sub-contractors, as required
- Organisation and preparation of all engineering documentation requirements, as required by the contract
- Submission of required contract documentation to client/third party, via the Documentation department
Please apply as soon as possible to considered for this highly desirable Design Engineer role.